Schedule: Monday to Friday. 0830 - 1700
Salary: 22,000, Up to £33,000, dependant on experience
Reporting to the Managing Director, we are looking for an ambitious and tenacious buyer to join our established commercial team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for buying scrap aluminium and general raw materials for our aluminium ingot production. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, well-established, and profitable business. We use a successful commercial platform and full training will be provided to enable the candidate to fully understand material types and buying processes, coupled with the opportunity for up-skilling and career development.
Originally established over 60 years ago , based in Gloucester is a highly respected manufacturer of high-grade aluminium casting alloys, master alloys and grain refining products all in accordance with internationally recognised specifications. They have an international customer base and are widely regarded as an important global metal's trader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support and develop the management/ purchasing of scrap aluminium and other general raw materials required for our own production.
- Purchase raw materials to the required price and against production demand.
- Manage suppliers and deliveries to ensure that the flow of raw materials for production requirements are timely and not interrupted.
- Review usage levels of raw materials to optimise stock levels, ensuring the re-order quantity and frequency of delivery provides the best economic result.
- Provide support to the commercial team to develop and source relevant products not widely available from preferred suppliers. Ensure these materials are ordered clearly to required/ approved specification as and when requested by the business.
- Visiting suppliers' businesses and factories to develop relationships
Skills and Experience:
- Proven general supply chain experience (desired)
- Full UK driving licence (Required)
- Face to face customer experience
- High level numeracy skills
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Highly organised
- Willing to travel around the UK
- Personable character