CNC Programmer – Operator / Toolmaker
Job title: CNC Programmer - operator / Toolmaker
Reporting to: Team Leader / Projects Director
Salary: (DOE) £25-£30k
JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVES
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
To make, service and maintain press tools for our production facilities
JOB RESPONSIBIITIES AND MAJOR ACTIVITIES / TASKS
• Plans machining by studying drawings.
• Programs milling machines and eroder by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Problem solving and tool improvement
• Must be able to work on own initiative
• Proven efficiency with working practices
• Be able to communicate effectively to own team and other departments
• Be organised and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Attention to detail
• Understanding ISO 14001 and its contribution to the business to help to achieve objectives.
Other responsibilities when needed:
• Tool splitting
• Disassembly and reassembly of tools
• Replacing component parts, dies, punches and springs
• Tool regrinding