Job Purpose: To take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
- Traffic management
- Dealing with VOSA Compliance
- Problem solving/logical thinking
- Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight corporate deadlines.
- Essential Specific Skills
- Computer skills - Stirling (training will be provided) and Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
- Geographical knowledge
- Team player with a flexible 'Can Do' attitude
- Working in a multi-disciplined environment
- Working knowledge of the UK road transport industry
Specific Key Accountabilities
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Confirming deliveries to customers with specific I.T. services
- Informing customers immediately and 24/7 regarding Rejected or Returned goods
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Maintain a computerised system such as Sterling. Have the skills to use excel spread sheets.
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload.
- Must monitor Compliance and work with drivers and compliance to eliminate infringements.
- Must ensure that all drivers are aware of SAFED, and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals
- Must be an integral part of, and is responsible for employee health and safety.
- Ensure that vehicles and trailers are available in a timely manner to adhere to Compliance and inspection requirements.
- Provide general support appropriate to the management when require including annual leave cover.
- The company operates 24/7, 365 days a year so you will be expected to work bank holidays depending on how your shift pattern falls.
- Check driving licences and ensure Company drivers and Agency drivers are compliant and legal to drive within the scope of the conditions of the Insurance.
Pension: Auto-enrollment with Nest Pensions
Company Discount Benefits
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.