Contracts Manager - Join our Team @ PGE Landscaping Ltd
Competitive Salary, Pension, Company Car
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract Manager to join our ambitious and fast growing commercial landscaping and fencing business, based in Alvechurch, West Midlands.
To successfully manage projects day to day from initial planning through to completion by liaising with clients, planning resources and managing on-site activity. A strong background in a similar environment is essential as well as an excellent understanding of health and safety issues. The role requires a driving license.
The main responsibilities for the Contract Manager will be:
- Preparation of Project packs/plans
- Planning of work schedule to ensure correct prioritisation of all work in progress
- Agreeing start and completion dates with all parties concerned and communication of the agreed project schedule
- Purchasing of materials against quotation
- Undertake risk assessments and work in accordance with Safety Policies
- Responsible for the line management of site supervisors, including undertaking performance reviews, identification of training needs etc.
- Handling customer queries
- Maintaining effective customer relations
- Ensuring contracts runs to time and within budget
- Interviewing for new staff members
The essential experience requirements for the Contract Manager are:
- Experience in Commercial Landscaping and/or construction with recent exposure at Supervisory or Contract Management level
- Experience of dealing with clients, suppliers and other trades.
- Experience of reading and working from construction drawings, particularly external works and soft landscape plans
- Leading teams of 3 or more people
- Experience of keeping accurate diary records
The essential skill requirements for the Contract Manager are:
- Hands on/Practical skills
- Ability to Prioritise
- Staff Management
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a friendly team who pride themselves on providing a first class service to clients new and old.