£17,000 - £18,000 a year
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Our client is looking for someone to provide post completions support to the Residential Property team, ensuring that all tasks and file closures are undertaken in a timely and effective manner. To strive for continuous professional development at work. Ideally would have Conveyancing experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks and Activities:
- To be responsible for the administration of all post completion procedures to include the making of Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns submission and service of notices relating to assignments and mortgages of leasehold property.
- To ensure compliance with mortgage lender post completion requirements and file closures.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earners or Partner in relation to client matters or any other administrative duties that may be required.
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner in residential conveyancing, including typing and word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers in accordance with firm policies.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
Generic Responsibilities and Expected Standards:
- To assist with the implementation of good working practices, maintain a high standard of work and client service/care within your area of responsibility, in accordance with the firm's policies, procedures and guidelines and/or as directed by your line manager.
- To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training course as and when required.
- To effectively demonstrate the firm's values and behaviours at all times.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and assist other secretaries when required.
- To develop good working relationships with external institutions, organisations and other third parties.
- To ensure that any equipment supplied for the purpose of your work is used correctly, maintained and any defects/faults are reported.
- To ensure that Health & Safety principles and safe working practices are followed at all times. Employees have a legal duty that gives them responsibility, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that they do not endanger themselves or anyone else by their acts or omissions.
- To cooperate with the firm on Health & Safety matters and do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
- All employees have a responsibility to carry out their work with due regard for the environment. The firm's Environmental Policy and procedures relevant to your area must be followed.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitudes
- A proficient level of literacy and numeracy.
-Experience of working as a Legal Secretary in a Residential Property Department. (desirable)
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SOS (desirable).
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both face to face and over the telephone, including an excellent telephone manner.
-Committed to excellent client service.
-An understanding of and adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
If you feel you would suit this role, please apply by attaching your CV and answering the pre-screen questions.
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.off13