Production Line Leader
Production Team Leader
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor/ Assembly Supervisor, the Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team of 10-18 Colleagues, ensuring a constant, smooth operation, whilst achieving agreed budgetary and service levels.
The Team Leader will play an essential role in the provision of an efficient and reliable service to customers, taking responsibility for all legal requirements, as well as the achievement of Contractual and internal KPIs. Good communication and leadership skills are vital for this role, and the ideal candidate will be able to develop good working relationships with not only their own team, but those from other areas of the business working interdependently.
Our client is a leading manufacturer, with a reputation for being at the forefront of innovative design, so this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a global business, helping them to maximise their growth as a company and continue delivering the very best.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day leading of teams, including, but not limited to:
- Supervising general performance and conduct
- Monitoring time keeping and attendance, managing requests for annual leave and ensuring that sickness certificates are provided after periods of sickness absence, in line with company policy
- Coaching and training, as required
- Monitoring of the standard of housekeeping to ensure that working environment meets our clients H&S and Quality standards
- Monitoring and enforcing the use of all equipment, including Personal Protective Equipment
-Lead and maximise performance of daily, weekly and monthly activities in various warehouse departments, assisting in all other areas of the operation as business requirements demand.
- Train, retain and motivate staff within a team based management culture ensuring daily, weekly and monthly targets and deadlines are clearly understood and being achieved
- Review daily and weekly statistics and forward data onto Supervisors/ Managers
- Communicate and liaise with fellow Team Leaders, Supervisors and management, escalating issues where necessary
- Maintain a culture that encourages two-way feedback and ensure frequent and effective communication at all levels
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and gain full appreciation of the interdependencies between functional areas
- Plan and control daily and weekly labour and equipment requirements to achieve budgeted performance, priorities and deadlines
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety issues in accordance with company policy
- Identify and resolve any operational issues that may arise, contributing to the improvement of processes and practice
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills, capable of leading and motivating a team within a busy manufacturing environment. Possessing demonstrable experience in a similar role, a keen grasp of lean methodology and manufacturing techniques will also be beneficial, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A tidy and organised approach to work
- Supervisory/ team leader experience
- Organised and flexible approach to working hours, willing to carry out assigned duties and prepared to work overtime on occasions
- Ability to stay calm and perform effectively under pressure
-Free Perkbox membership
-Access to range of discounts including money off supermarket shops and gym memberships.
-Employee Assistance Programme