Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused Service Administrator to join our successful team.
We are looking for a Service Administrator to:
- Maximise the company’s revenue and contract recovery through national monthly billing of service contracts to customers in a timely fashion.
- To provide advisory support to our service team and Customers, notifying of any maintenance intervention due and any contractual differences during product model changes.
- To develop basic service management reporting and to evaluate departmental procedures in order to improve contract billing efficiency.
Reporting to the Technical service manager this role is ideal for a self-motivated, team player with good attention to detail.
What is the purpose of the role?
- To register contractual agreements on ERP System by inputting clear customer and machine information as well as attention to detail with contract commencement date and contract duration.
- To adopt a systematic approach to ensure all hourly billed contracts are billed up to date, by communicating well with customers to get order numbers in a timely fashion throughout the month.
- To update and maintain machine hours and contractual information in our ERP System and Excel spreadsheet every month.
- To process invoice credits to customers when appropriate, if customer’s accounts have been incorrectly billed or further settlements require a credit to be offset.
- To process 12 monthly machine inspections and raise certification when appropriate if passed.
- To understand and keep departmental KPI’s up to date and issue monthly updates to branch managers and board of directors.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Knowledge of MS word and Excel products
- Experience in producing accurate reporting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Process driven
- Desirable - Previous experience in a similar role or sector
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training