Power BI Analyst
POWER BI ANALYST
Reporting to: Business Systems Manager
Location: Pangbourne, UK
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
> ABOUT US
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology, and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business, based in numerous locations across North America, Asia, and Europe, and are listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
> THE OPPORTUNITY
The XP Power Business Systems team are looking for a dynamic and adaptable Power BI Analyst to join our growing support and development team building and maintaining business platforms.
Working closely with the Business System Manager and our process owner teams in Europe, Asia, and North America regions you will need excellent interpersonal skills alongside technical capability and ideally a good understanding of manufacturing environments. The role will also work alongside our 3rd party support and development team for more complex needs.
This role is a combination of support as well as development requirements along with alignment to strategic activities of the group. Focus areas will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing incoming Power BI support tickets and escalating and coordinating with 3rd party as required
- Support designing, developing, and deploying modern Power BI reports and dashboards
- Working with business process leads to define requirements and priorities
- Liaising with 3rd Party application management provider for support, development, and data ingestion
> KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently analyse and correct support issues, providing end-to-end problem resolution
- Perform Power BI administration tasks
- Design and develop Power BI reports and dashboards that will include key business KPIs and answer key questions from stakeholders, to drive business decisions and optimize expense/efforts
- Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
> Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in developing reports and dashboards using Power BI with data from SAP, CRM systems, SharePoint, and flat files
- Understanding of end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards
- Knowledge and understanding of key performance indicators related to sales, supply chain, manufacturing, and financials
- Experienced in report and dashboard performance tuning
- Solid understanding of security features
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independently troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to resolve support issues
- Excellent communication and client engagement skills
> WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collaborative, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project
> OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.