Scottish Power - Customer Advisor
Start date: 12/01/2022
£18960 rising to £19390 after three months
Shifts between Monday to Saturday 8AM-8PM, flexibility is required
We are seeking experienced customer service advisors for our prepayments team to work from home. You’ll be taking calls from customers who have Gas and Electric prepayment meters and helping them with a range of queries.
You will ideally have worked in any of the areas below:
- Customer Service (Call Centre)
- Financial Services
- Utilities Gas/Electric
- BPO (Business Process Outsourcing)
You will train and work from the comfort of your own home!
We will provide the computer and kit to get you started, you will also need to check that you have the below to be able to work from home:
- High speed internet. Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to check this, we can talk you through it as part of your application process. If you’re curious, your speed needs to be download speed 3.0 MB; upload speed 1.0 MB or above.
- You’ll also need to be able to connect to WIFI to access our systems.
- A smartphone on a UK network (you don’t need to use your own mins/text/data)
Day to day duties:
- Billing queries (Taking meter reads, explaining bills to customers)
- Supporting customers who cannot afford to top up on their prepayment meter, discussing credit advances and agreeing debt recovery rates
- Taking ownership of customers who are off supply for gas and electric and working with support staff to arrange for emergency engineer attendance
- Successfully addressing customer energy consumption concerns, explaining consumption and energy efficiency measures that can help customers lower their bills
- Resolving complaints at first contact where possible, relating to billing errors, failed metering appointments etc
- Discussing customer vulnerability, priority service register and providing appropriate solutions/sign posting
- Gaining customer agreement for Smart meter installation and working to targets associated with this
- Identifying interest for added value aspects e.g. converting single fuel customers for dual fuel and promoting additional services such as boiler cover
- You need to have experience of Customer Service within a Call Centre
- It would be advantageous if you have experience of working with pre-payment meter customers but we will also provide training
- SMART meter experience would be desirable (but not expected, you will get full training)
- Confident using multiple IT alongside a telephony system in an energy environment to service customer needs and analyse account and billing information e.g. systems such as Junifer, Kraken, SAP, Ecoes, Xoserve and Outlook
- A confident verbal communicator and can adapt your communication approach to meet different customer needs
- Resilient, pragmatic and enjoy an environment of high expectation, high reward and being challenged!
- Motivated either by achieving targets/bonus or by delivering great experiences and being rewarded via recognition/feedback
- Someone who thrives in a WFH environment, confident to reach out when needed for support and build relationships with team mates remotely
- Someone who flourishes taking ownership and has a passion for decision making and problem solving