Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor for the world leading premium brand Komatsu and one of the UK’s largest distributors of construction, quarrying and utility equipment. We are proud of our reputation for ‘best in class’ products, service commitment and continuous innovation and growth.
We aim to be our customers first choice with a multi-site UK operation to drive sales and deliver excellent aftercare and customer support. We focus on improving productivity by changing the way our customers work and we excel in fuel efficient machine solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, business focused HR Advisor to join our successful team.
We are looking for an HR Advisor to advise managers on the recruitment of new employees and the retention of existing employees. This role involves supporting managers with the recruitment process, interviewing techniques and providing guidance on employee relations issues through to resolution. The successful candidate will ensure they provide a consistently high level of customer service to all employees and managers.
Reporting to the HR Manager this role is ideal for a professional with experience of working in a similar role with recruitment and employee relations exposure.
What is the purpose of the role?
To provide an effective and efficient output of work to meet the demands of the role and to assist in all aspects of work undertaken by the HR Department.
If successful, your daily duties will involve:
- Ensuring the end to end process is complete and supporting managers with telephone screening and interviews etc.
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions
- Advertising roles and advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Advising and training hiring managers on candidate interview evaluation techniques
- Coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants
- Negotiating terms with agencies where applicable
- Production of offer letters, onboarding – guiding managers on induction, timely notifications to other departments to ensure equipment is in place for new starters.
- Managing all employee relations issues, supporting and advising line managers in dealing capability, conduct and performance issues etc.
- Absence – supporting managers to manage short term and long-term sickness cases, welfare visits, occupational health reports requested etc.
- Monitoring probationary reviews and fixed term contracts. Ensuring that probationary reviews are carried out and providing advice to managers on extensions and terminations
- Support the HRBP with any organisational change programmes
Process and policy:
- Ensuring core HR processes are documented, updated in line with legislation and continuous improvement
- Work with HR Business Partner on the development and review of all policies
Reporting and Compliance:
- Production of monthly and quarterly HR Management Information
- Compliance – ensuring pre-employment right to work checks are carried out and ensure that processes are following in line with legal requirements
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Experience and understanding of stakeholder management
- A level or equivalent and CIPD qualified or working towards qualification
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to identify risks and propose solutions based on needs of business and legal requirements
- Good verbal communication and excellent written skills
- Driven and determined
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down