Job description - Transport Administrator
About the Company: We are currently recruiting for a Transport Administrator to join their team in Cannock. As a transport administrator, you will be responsible for end to end administration of transport planning from interpretation of data to inputting of customer requirements and invoice queries. All posts are permanent, full time positions.
Transport Operator Responsibilities:
- Provide administration support to the transport planning and operations team, ensuring data accuracy with a prompt and reliable service.
- File documentation in a timely structured and methodical manner both on the system and hard copy.
- Ensure the system is accurately updated in line with business needs, escalating any issues with data promptly.
- Understand the planning and operators role to assist with cover and driver / customer liaison.
- Deal with customer queries relating to all aspects of the transport function from enquiries to job instructions and invoice queries.
- Deal with phone queries from drivers and customer is a professional and prompt manner.
- Interpret and produce KPI reports using excel, word, Powerpoint, MATT's (internal system) and TOPS (internal system)
Transport Administrator Requirements:
- Previous administration experience
- Previous experience of working in a container/logistic environment
- Professional with a can-do attitude to add value and make a difference
- Geographical knowledge of the country - beneficial
- TOPS experience - beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Good knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and Outlook
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.