Warehouse Shift Manager
Job Title: Warehouse Shift Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Workforce are currently working with a National Distribution Depot who are seeking a Warehouse Shift Manager to join the team. This is an exciting position where you will be running a business operation within the depot looking after goods in, replenishment, picking/packing, returns and dispatch.
What you’ll get:
- 31 days holiday (inc bank holidays) rising to 36 days with service
- VIP Staff Discount
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Career Development
In return you will:
- Ensure consistent achievement of the volume, quality and efficiency targets on a shift-by-shift basis
- Responsibility for critical processes, including goods-in and escalation, replenishment, picking/packing, returns, despatch and providing guidance and support for the Shift Supervisors on process, resource, stakeholder and people management activities
- You’ll also support the senior management team with critical staffing level information, such as request for additional temporary labour, ensuring third party agency workers are engaged, trained appropriately
- You will need to be highly organised in your approach, prioritising tasks in close liaison with Team Leaders and warehouse staff.
- Have a strong skill set of managing attendance, conduct and performance will be the key to success in this role, including third party agency workers.
- Skilled in effective cost management and building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to motivate a team of supervisors and effectively prioritise and organise daily and weekly tasks.
- Up-to-date knowledge and ability to undertake risk assessments.
- A competent user of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and other IT systems to manage, monitor and report key performance indicator information.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.