£30,000 - £35,000
An established, award-winning industrial manufacturer from Birmingham seeks a Buyer / Purchasing Manager to join their team full-time.
They have over 30 years of international industry experience in the design and manufacture of protective environmental enclosures for displays and IT hardware, across a range of industries from digital signage to food manufacturing. Over 100,000 enclosures protect screens and computers for businesses in 54 countries worldwide.
Buyer / Purchasing role with Warehouse and Stock Control responsibility; we are looking for a person that wants a diverse role. The main skill is as a Buyer with additional elements being a warehouse and stock control role.
Skills and Experience:
- Monitor raw materials/products purchase price through negotiations with current suppliers and sourcing new suppliers with improved value.
- Run MRP reports, to capture all entered sales order for stock items. Process such orders and organise dispatch.
- Raise any purchase orders for material/parts as per the MRP demand and email/send to suppliers, requesting order acknowledgement and delivery date conformation.
- Chase suppliers for potential late deliveries and escalate any not on-time deliveries to the Production Manager
- Take control of RS 'scan stock' product, checking that there are no price differences on weekly basis. Approve and process RS 'scan stock' purchase order on MRP system. Receive, check and re-place deliveries of RS 'scan stock'.
- Update paperwork and computer system accurately
- Receive deliveries and check correct quantities match purchase order. Book all deliveries on MRP and highlight any shortages.
- Ensure all product kits are complete with all parts and fittings. Incomplete kits to be identified and all missing parts re-ordered.
- Organise returns to supplier for any damaged/rejected goods/kits/materials for repair or replacement.
- Conduct stock take, when required.
- 31 Days Holiday per year
- Employed Status
- Provided uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Permanent positions
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.