Previous experience within a transport and logistics environment is essential, in particular roles that involve the planning management of HGV drivers:
Salary £28,000-£37,000. Any relevant qualifications and a valid CPC licence would potentially put you nearer the top end of the salary bracket.
The day to day duties of the role involve, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring drivers have been pre briefed at start of their shift
- Planning and organise the delivery of aggregates and general haulage movements for the company
- Managing and Processing Payroll on a weekly basis
- Organise the vehicle fleet maintenance and inspection requirements
- Build relationships with the customers and ensure customers are kept up to date with delivery times
- Ensuring drivers are equipped with PPE
- Maintaining the company transport system to monitor jobs, progress and keep on top of queries and ensure drivers are on track with their duties
- Full communication with other members of the transport department and team
- Manage the relationship with all 3rd party hauliers and drivers
- Entering information accurately onto Excel spreadsheets and the company system
- De-briefing drivers on return to the yard, ensuring Tacho cards are downloaded, paperwork filled in correctly, folders are complete, POD's scanned, and the vehicle is clean
- Maintaining compliance of H&S, ISO9001, 14001 and 18001, policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will: - Have experience in a transport company or logistical side to a company crucially in planning fleet movements - Good knowledge of IT including Microsoft Word and Excel
-Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with different levels of people from drivers to site management
- Understand the legal demands of working within this industry (such as HGV License requirements and infringements etc)
Familiarity of the local area is also crucial.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.