Buyer (Production - Rubber, Fastener & Metal Pressing)
£30,000 + depending on experience
This role is responsible for developing and implementing the commodity strategy in line with Business strategy and achieving cost reduction activity without compromising the sustainable supply chain and ability to adjust agile automotive environment by anticipate/proactively control the situation in case of 'contingency'. Proactively assess/monitor and identify the commercial risk to the business and Customers in order to provide sustainable supply of the commodity parts and minimise the risk.
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with Business strategy and company policy.
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets.
- Ensure to meet the time-bound target for New projects - coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and/or suppliers.
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers.
- Identify the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and Koito drawings/specifications
- Review the drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Manage the project/your area of responsibility in line with industrial/customer/KEL new project processes including PPAP, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over.
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact to KEL's profitability
- Maintain the regular contact with current/potential suppliers to develop/maintain commercially competitive business partnership - which includes visiting the supplier site for on-spot auditing of process/commercial review.
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers.
- Communicate the progress of projects/tasks with team weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- To lead and manage the activity with KCZ (European Operation's other production site in Czech Republic) including sharing of data and conducting shared benchmarking projects to find cost reduction opportunities between both divisions.
- Work closely with and develop the existing supplier base to ensure the supplier base achieves the best possible QCCD rating.
- Work with the supplier QCCD system, ensuring that the relevant KPI measures are in place and regularly reviewed on all suppliers within your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with others within the department, making a positive contribution to good team working and idea generation.
- To maintain and further develop departmental procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with TS16949. + give support to ensure company adherence to legislation / compliance and specific customer request.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Business or Engineering degree is advantageous.
- Minimum hands-on experience in Production/Manufacturing environment for 2 years. Automotive industry and/or other highly technical industry which involves technical drawings or data is desirable.
- Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits.
- Supplier audit & quotation analysis skill is advantageous.
- Supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous.
- Normal Excel Skill to make report / summarize purchasing data is necessary.
- Knowledge and/or experience in TS16949 or ISO9001 & ISO 14001 is advantageous.
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is advantageous.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.