1st Line IT support
Job title: 1st Line IT support
Salary: up to £21k dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Sunday between 7AM-11PM
Our client requires a 1st Line IT Support to join their team on a temporary basis for up to 6 months with possibility for longer term employment starting mid-November.
The Support Technician team are expected to provide a telephone help desk support service between 7am and 11pm Monday-Sunday. Support during Bank Holidays and occasional out of hours work is also expected.
Day to Day duties will include the following:
* Providing first line support on the helpdesk for technical issues. This includes telephone, email, web site and remote assistance to customers with their problems.
* Interact efficiently with the development team for software / fix delivery.
* Diagnose priority/impact of incoming cases. Where the case is not a defect resolve cases promptly for the customer and the user.
* Log helpdesk tickets and escalate as required.
* Update progress of assigned tickets and close when resolved.
* Monitor logged tickets.
* Review all tickets on a daily basis and assist with any issues and / or provide progress updates to customers.
* Troubleshoot technical issues for customers and internal staff using IT procedure flowcharts and initiative.
* Provide guidance and knowledge transfer to others via day-to-day interaction and writing knowledge base articles.
As a person you will need the following:
Key Technical Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
* Interest in key technology developments and standards relevant to web development.
* Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
Role will involve:
* Driven to learn and succeed.
* Detail orientated.
* Extremely passionate.
* Problem solver.
* Excellent customer service skills.
Workforce Staffing team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year. Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend them to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.