Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £24,000 - £32,000 per annum, Negotiable on experience
Hours: 08:00am – 16:30pm, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Field Service Engineer to join a small, but consistent team of highly knowledgeable Service Engineers, based from their workshop in Birmingham.
Our client provides regular servicing for all types of electrical equipment and motors, with particular emphasis on compressors, generators and pumps, using both DC and AC motors. A regular maintenance scheme ensures that the equipment is safe and is working to its maximum efficiency. A regular service contract ensures that the mean time between failure rates is kept as low as possible and it can avoid costly disruption to production.
Join this excellent team and you will be responsible for maintaining, repair and servicing a range of contracts at customer locations with minimal supervision. Providing first-class customer support and reports on the condition and repairs carried out, you won't just focus on the wires, nuts, and bolts.
- NVQ or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or similar.
- 17th/18th Edition
- A full UK driving license
- GCSE or equivalent - English and Maths.
- Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer or in a field-based technical support role would be a distinct advantage (although not essential.)
- Passionate about providing a first-class service to our customers.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
Workforce Technical are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.