Monday to Thursday X1.3
Friday Saturday X1.5
Monday to Thursday 07.00 – 16.15 following week Monday to Friday 07.00 – 16.15 with a 12.00 finish on Friday
Work for a leading manufacturer of mechanical equipment for the emergency services market and an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Assembler to join their Manufacturing Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembly, test & despatch of spare parts to customers when required.
- To ensure the level of quality is maintained through the production process of assembling products used in safety critical environments.
- Build Sub-Assemblies for use in upstream processes, working as a supportive and active team member within the department.
- Preparation of parts for paint-shop, fault identification & rectification using a variety of engineering and manufacturing skills.
- Product testing to confirm performance & satisfy legal / company requirements.
- Final assembly and finishing in preparation for shipment.
- To assist in the review and update (where necessary) of all work instructions and procedures.
- Experience of working in a mechanical assembly or engineering environment
- A sound working knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings as well as interpret technical data
- Knowledge in performing manufacturing operations
- An understanding of COSHH and risk assessments
- Knowledge of 6S and 8D problem solving techniques
- Experience of improving standard operating procedures
- Ability to operate engineering measurement equipment
- Good numeracy & literary skills
- Skills in fly presses, various hand tools and lifting equipment, soldering, dressing, welding, lubrication & machining
Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.