CNC Setter/Operator - Milling & Turning
Job Title: Machine Operator
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineer
CNC Setter/Operator - Milling/Turning (Programming would be a bonus)
Siemens and Fanuc controls.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer, the role of the Machine Operator is to produce components safely and in accordance to the supplied drawings and specifications from the sales team.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Prepare and operate CNC and manual machines to perform tasks such as turning, milling, Grinding etc.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading mechanical drawings, specs, procedures etc.
• Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
• Setup a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
• Set machines to complete full cycles to produce quantity of parts.
• Monitor the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to ensure all parts are produced to specification.
• Perform QA tasks. Including First Off Inspection, any intermediary Quality Checks as dictated by the process, and inspect and measure finished products to ensure the customer specification has been achieved.
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality and H&S compliance.
• Complete all documentation for job work packs and route cards.
• General workshop duties may be required such as but not limited to, forklift driving & overhead crane operating.
• Follow the training you received when using any work items given to you.
• Take reasonable care of your own and other people's health and safety.
• Co-operate with your employer on health and safety.
• Tell someone (supervisor, or health and safety representative) if you think the work or inadequate precautions are putting anyone's health and safety at serious risk.
• Support the company with environmental initiatives and any compliance issues.
Mathematics and English
Successfully completed time served apprenticeship and/or Machining experience. SAP
Knowledge within a warehouse environment would also be an advantage.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Qualified level in Engineering preferred
• Understanding of Programming and experience with Siemens and Fanuc software.
• Mechanical aptitude and good with maths.
• Proficient IT skills, Microsoft Office, SAP & KASTO (preferable).
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Understanding of Quality, Quality Control, and the use of measuring equipment.
• Proven experience as CNC operator.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
• A keen eye for detail and an understanding of good customer service.
37 hours a week on a double shift from 06.00/14.00 to 14.00/22.00 Monday to Thursday and 06.00/12.40 - 12.40/19.20 on Friday. You must however be flexible and work overtime when necessary to meet the business needs.
Your role will be mainly plant based, although you may be travelling to visit other companies or to attend meetings or training.