CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator
The client provide sales, distribution and service centre processing of titanium mill products for material to the aerospace, medical, military and other general engineering markets.
In the three Redditch facilities, they can process titanium to meet exacting customer requirements for products in a variety of forms, sizes and quantities.
They are seeking a CNC miller/setter/programmer to work within a busy operations department. The person will have CNC machine expertise, including writing and editing programs, some good knowledge of tool room activities, able to read and interpret drawings and able to use measuring equipment.
• Experience with FANUC control is essential with a minimum of 3 years' experience of operating FANUC controlled 3-axis milling centres preferable.
• Knowledge of Renishaw OMP-60 probing equipment, and programming of said probe, will be looked upon favourably.
• Maintain technical standards at all times, and demonstrate the capability and willingness to produce, without supervisory or Production Engineering support.
• Maintain quality and accuracy of the machined product by carrying out checks and inspection by using the full range of available equipment.
• To produce components within the agreed standard time, and at all times looking to aid and suggest improved alternative methods of manufacture.
• To maintain the machine tool set-up by carrying out the necessary changes to compensate for tool wear and when necessary, replace cutting tools, such as tips etc. To aid with pre-setting and tool build up procedures as and when required.
• To show flexibility within the machine shop, and to show full flexibility across shift requirements, including running other machine types including Band saw machines.
• To set and operate the majority of machine tools within a cell, and/or with minimal training be willing and capable of operating all machines within a cell.
• To offer ideas and suggestions for continuously improving the process you are involved in.
• To work overtime and shifts when required.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
This is a full time position working a 36.5 hour 5 day week currently on day shift only.
Monday-Thursday 8.30am - 5pm
Friday 8.30am - 1pm
£28k - £32k