CNC Turner/Miller - Setter/Operator
A well-established and expanding manufacturing company based in Birmingham are looking to expand and recruit.
Reporting to the Head of Operations your responsibilities will be highlighting efficiency gains into the CNC section, your responsibilities will be supporting programming, implementing changes, updating existing routings and supporting the management team to gain projected improvements.
Your duties will include but not be limited to the following;
- Highlighting inefficiencies within the CNC department
- Adhering to company manufacturing procedures
- Conforming to specified engineering and quality standards
- First off part inspection (if applicable)
- General workmanship and quality care of products
- Adhering to the companies HSE policies
- Validate first issue routings for manufactured items
- Supporting operators within the section to meeting departmental targets
- Off line programming using Solidcam 2018 2D
- Experience as a setter-operator with CNC milling / turning machines
- Strong understanding of CNC milling / turning manufacturing processes
- Understand technical drawings and tolerances
- Be able to understand and meet departmental targets.
- Capable of programming Mazatrol programs
- Capable of understanding & altering ISO Programmes
- Performed in a setter-operator role using Mazak machinery
- Experience with Mazak smooth G & Mazak 560M.
- Fundamental LEAN manufacturing knowledge
- Understand and adhere to 5S standards
- CNC turning knowledge
Competetive salary + Over time (when required)
Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday 7.30 - 16.00 & Friday - 7.30 - 12.30
25 Days holiday; a combination of floating days and compulsory factory shutdown over Christmas period.
All bank holidays