The purpose of the Project Manager is to coordinate the delivery of our client’s service for large exhibitions, planning all aspects of the implementation in the lead up, and managing the on-site delivery and subsequent removal of equipment and resources from site.
This role will ensure the best possible outcome for the successful delivery of their services to major events by ensuring that every element of the process is managed in a controlled and timely manner.
To be effective, managing stakeholders is a key component, providing leadership and direction and removing obstacles, when required.
- You will calculate crew requirements with the relevant skills for each aspect of implementation and give guidance to the Account Manager for quoting and Client budget
- You will produce plans for logistics and book relevant resources with the operations department and third parties as required
- You will plan the pull out of each event, including all crew and logistics requirements
- You will identify risks to successful delivery, discuss and share with other departments and produce contingency plans
- Once plans are finalised, you will discuss and agree them with key members of the delivery teams, producing detailed written briefs for teams to follow
- You will produce a health and safety pack for each event that contains a risk assessment and method statement that is bespoke for that event
- You will go to site with installation teams and manage the implementation of each event providing management and leadership to our own teams and additional crew members
- You will communicate with the event organiser on site, coordinating all activity with them, and alert them to any issues as they arise
- At the end of each event, you will manage the removal of all equipment from site back to the warehouse, ensuring that our teams carefully return all equipment to its flight cases and that vehicles are safely packed to avoid damage to equipment and risk to employees when unloading
- After each event you will produce a written report for future reference with particular emphasis on any issues or areas for improvement
- On a more strategic level, you will work with senior management and other colleagues to find new and better ways of working smarter and more efficiently
Do you have proven experience of end to end Project Management? Then this could be the role for you. In addition to the above, in order to be successful with your application, we would expect you to have the following:
- Capable of driving end to end processes and timings across multiple teams, to ensure the best result for the event
- Proven experience in formal Project Management roles, ideally working within a similar industry, delivering Projects with tight and immoveable time constraints
- Exceptional planning skills – being able to plan for multiple features, across multiple components, with multiple skill sets as well as being able to plan for variations in team capacity and availability
- First class interpersonal skills – especially regarding meeting management and written communications
- Experience of working effectively with a wide variety of people at all levels within an organisation
- Strong team skills with the ability to work with a variety of professionals from different disciplines to successfully deliver Projects
- Naturally pro-active instincts, with a hunger for inspiring change and operational improvement
- Excellent all round end-user IT skills
The business mainly provides services to trade exhibitions which generally take place on weekdays, although some weekend working will be required, and there is a high degree of flexibility regarding working hours, as well as an understanding that this is not a 9-5 job.
In terms of work location, the nature of this role requires a high degree of collaboration with colleagues in different departments so it will be performed predominantly in the office or on-site when delivering events, with occasional working from home on an ad hoc basis.