Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 40 hours (flexible start times)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• DVSA regulation compliance:
1. Conducting scheduled driving license checks and alerting Management about upcoming licence expiries.
2. Keeping up to date copies of Driving Licences, Tacho Cards & CPC cards.
3. Tachograph Analysis: manage Driver and Vehicle downloads. Issuing driver infringements to Transport Manager and Agencies and ensuring they are signed off and returned.
4. Produce and analyse a monthly Kilometre Discrepancy report with recorded explanations for any missing mileage.
5. Checking agency driver downloads, and signing off Agency timesheets on a weekly basis.
6. Liaising with Transport Manager to oversee Working Time Directive records and providing driver hour monthly summaries.
• Financial administration:
1. Processing purchase and sales invoices/credit notes using in-house ledger & distribution software.
2. Sending out Sales invoices to customers on a weekly basis.
3. Dealing with customer queries and sending copies of PODs when required.
4. Generating & issuing electronic purchase orders.
5. Weekly KPI reporting to General Manager.
6. Assist with monthly reporting; including repair and tyre costs and accruals.
• General Administration:
1. Actioning and/or appealing fines: Speeding tickets, congestion charges etc. Liaising with Transport Manager/Agencies to authorise payment or forward notice of prosecutions.
2. Fleet administration: Filing and storing of all vehicle documentation including V5s, service sheets etc.
3. Collation of vehicle accident information, liaison with insurance company and providing monthly reporting.
4. Driver trip sheets: Recording of odometer readings to spreadsheet and filling in gaps in mileage. Filing of trip sheets into archive.
5. HR & Payroll: Assisting with driver inductions and dealing with missing driver clocking queries.
6. Assist with annual BRC audits when needed.
7. Holiday cover within the transport administration team.
• Experience in Logistics Industry desired.
• Tacho Management experience desired.
• Financial Administration experience desired.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, essentially with MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Confident telephone manner & good written communication skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure at times.