Maintenance Engineer (Field)
My client, an industry leading steel business are actively seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their business in the field. Visiting sites across the midlands and the south.
• Support all mechanical and electrical engineering aspects of the company’s manufacturing equipment and facility services (planned & reactive).
• Routine maintenance of equipment and facility services, fault, prevention, finding and repair of equipment and services.
• Supporting the management of essential spare parts ensuring they are available at the right time and as cost effectively as possible.
• Assist in the development of processes and making recommendations on improvements, asset care and developing a lean culture within the business engineering modifications to equipment that will improve manufacturing performance.
• Support equipment failure analysis and suggest cost effective improvements to limit failure type or failure frequency.
• Support the implementation of PPM schedules and Operating procedures.
• Support the development of the Operator’s procedures and assist in training them to carry out basic maintenance on the machines in order to comply with the company's aim to introduce TPM.
• Use of machinery you will be working on is, but not limited to, shot blasters, saws, presses, lasers, drive shafts, Section Saws, Band Saws, Drill Line, CNC Machinery, Machine Tools etc.
• Be willing to mentor and support the apprentice scheme providing best practice practical support.
• Electrical Maintenance Engineering qualified.
• HNC - Electrical Engineering.
• Time served Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 3.
• Experience of working in a Machinery Maintenance/ heavy industry background with a strong electrical bias.
• A background in fault finding/ rectification.
• Competent mechanically, with experience of hydraulics & Conveyor systems.
• Flexible attitude & approach.
• Time management, organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Driving best practice and a right first-time work ethic.
• Experience of industrial plant; eg. Air compressors, extraction systems etc.
• Good working knowledge of PLC controlled equipment.
• Experience of CNC machines and equipment.
• PLC & CNC controlled equipment.
• Machine move and installation experience.
• The ability to manage a maintenance budget.
• Experience of industrial plant, air compressors, chillers, AHU’s, clean rooms, extraction systems and effluent treatment
• Experience of installing equipment
Company Van provided inc Fuel Card