Accounts Payable (French speaking)
Reporting to: Management Accountant
Location: Pangbourne, UK (with ability to support a hybrid working model)
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
> ABOUT US
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business, based in numerous locations across North America, Asia and Europe, and are listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
> THE OPPORTUNITY
Working with a range of internal colleagues across Europe, this role will manage the accounts payable process from invoice approval through to payment. French language skills are therefore essential for this role as you help to support our colleagues in France.
We are looking for a bright and energetic individual with relevant experience, ideally having previously used SAP, who is comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
> KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process invoices for open purchase orders (POs), ensuring timeliness and verify accuracy of general ledger coding
- Work with stakeholders to receipt POs in S4Hana and reconcile any variances between the PO and supplier invoices
- Maintain supplier records, updating contact information and bank details as required as well as setting up new suppliers
- Support your colleagues with month-end closing process by providing accrual information to the Finance leads
- Process weekly pay-runs for suppliers, colleague expenses, multiple currency, and ad hoc payments as necessary
- Review aged creditors and investigate any debit balances
- Follow-up invoices for any Direct Debit payments
- Work with the Finance Manager to drive process improvements and introduce new initiatives
- Support with Accounts Payable projects such as implementation of system and process changes and other ad hoc projects
- Work with the team to ensure excellent customer service is provided to internal colleagues
- Perform statement reconciliations - research and proactively investigate and reconcile discrepancies between AP balance and vendor statements
> KEY QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Effective time management and strong organisation skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Experience working in a shared service centre environment dealing with multiple European entities would be advantageous
- Ideally AAT qualified or studying AAT
- Proficient French speaker
- Desirable skills: Experience of using S4HANA
> WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collegiate, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Pension contributions up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary
- Volunteering day allowance of one day per year to participate in an environmental or community relations project
> OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.