Our client is currently undergoing a significant expansion programme and now requires the skills and experience of a highly professional and experienced Factory Manager to join the team.
As the Factory Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day development, performance, and maintenance of the factory's activities. From overseeing goods-in through to despatch, your objective will be to manage each shift team to maximise efficiency in production, quality, service and safety for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage, direct, and monitor the overall performance of the factory, including forecasting output versus demand, while ensuring best practice processes and training are put in place to cope with the increase in demand.
• Drawing up a production schedule by utilising appropriate systems to manage multi shift factory production, functions, and analysis.
• Work closely with shift supervisors, quality, and maintenance staff to plan work, set targets, and make sure the finished products meet the Company's stringent quality standards.
• Recommend, innovate, and implement revised methods and processes once approved by the Operations Director.
• Consult with the Operations Director on required expenditure.
• Developing the workforce ensuring all teams are correctly trained and multi-skilled where possible to ensure cover is maintained during staff holiday and sickness.
• Support the Operations Director in additional recruitment.
• Ensure raw material supplies meet the order and production requirements.
• Prepare orders and estimate timescales and costs. Calculate the operational resources required to fulfil.
• Monitor production schedules and adjust them if problems occur, monitor product standards, and implement quality-control programmes.
• To be the gatekeeper of the company's Intellectual Property.
• Liaise with the team for maintaining the required specification, ordering, and purchasing materials.
• Discuss with the Operations Director any corrective action required for errors in any of the supplier materials.
• Material picking / delivery, ensure process is running smoothly and to the appropriate company standards.
• Identify training requirements for process gaps and rectify by creating a shared approach with shift supervision to leverage best results.
• SOPs - Create, control, and ensure adherence to agreed procedures.
• Ensure the health and safety, environmental and quality guidelines are maintained and followed.
• Uphold robust quality systems on all finished good and despatched stock.
• Responsible for the selection and organisation for the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
• Communicating with customers directly regarding deliveries and post sales queries.
• Supporting the sales with customer site visits and any follow ups.
• Take responsibility to ensure quality testing and verification documentation is always up to date.
• New product introduction - Active involvement in all aspects of product prototyping, modification and development ensuring a full understanding of the new product(s) under the supervision of the Operations Director.
• Provide a smooth transition of the new product(s) into an efficient and effective manufacturing process.
• Compile production reports for the Operations Director.
• Hosting regular team meetings to review demand and any proposed production changes.
• Onboarding and training of new staff.
• Managing holidays, absence, grievance, disciplinaries and appraisals.
• Ensuring plant, site and delivery fleet are maintained and in good working order.
• Promote a positive work culture.
Experience & Qualifications
• Ideally 3-5 years managerial experience in a hands-on, industrial manufacturing role.
• Knowledge of composites is plus but not essential, however a chemical, materials or plastics background would be very well matched.
• Experience of maintaining and auditing quality systems to stringent ISO, AS and TS standards.
• Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing methods, as well as some experience in seeing through transition from manual to semi-automated systems.
• Process Improvement certified skill sets (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
• Strong IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be eligible to work in the UK.