Skills & Development Coach
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 - £28,000.00 per annum
To protect our team and our customers reviews are currently carried out from home via zoom calls and attendance at the office is not compulsory. Going forward we will resume more face to face and office contact but the role will be predominantly homebased
To keep our staff and customers safe we are carrying out all visits remotely although we will resume face to face and office contact when it is safe this will remain predominantly home based.
We train people to become successful accountants and managers by delivering an inspiring apprenticeship programme. We work closely with apprentices and their employers to develop financial and business skills so that our apprentices can achieve their goals. Our finance training is delivered by qualified accountants and our support coaches deliver the skills aspects of the training through in-house workshops and individually mentoring learners.
Our key focus is to deliver quality training and create a supportive environment for our staff where everyone is valued and enjoys their work. We are recruiting to accommodate progression within the team and a growth in the number of young people joining apprenticeships programmes.
Here are some quotes from our current team
"I joined FI 6 months ago, to an incredible team atmosphere that is focused on helping and supporting you. Being able to see the progress students are making on their apprenticeship journey and being able to make a difference, is what makes this role so rewarding. There is a variety of coaching and development opportunities available, which FI support you through for your personal development and progress." Amy, Sociology graduate
"My time at FI has definitely been such a rewarding experience so far. Help and support is never far away and you always feel part of a team that are working together. I enjoy being able to make a difference with the apprentices I work with and seeing the progress they make is so rewarding. FI are always supportive in helping me improve and progress." Elaine, Geography graduate
"Working at FI is definitely working in a team. You are supported in all areas by your colleagues and the wellbeing of the staff and the apprentices is paramount in how the business is run. Working with the apprentices is rewarding as you get to share their journey and see them develop and progress." Tracey, PGCE teacher
You’ll need to be passionate about developing others and a real ‘people person’. Apprentices need praise as well as constructive feedback, so you’ll need to be comfortable delivering both. Our clients are professionals, so you’ll need to be comfortable in an office environment and able to represent us well. Teamwork is crucial to us, so you’ll need to be a confident communicator with experience building and maintaining internal and external relationships. You will also be an organised record keeper with strong excel skills.
In addition to the above, you need to:
- Be able to demonstrate how you would approach managing learners
- Hold English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 as a minimum.
- Have a clean driving licence.
- Experience of accountancy or running a business would be beneficial but not essential.
- Teaching or coaching experience is useful but we can provide training for the right person.
Your responsibilities will include:
Ø The management of a caseload of 50 – 60 learners, taking them through their apprenticeship journey from start to finish
- visiting apprentices at their workplace or virtually to conduct regular progress reviews
- maintaining accurate, up to date records of apprentice progress for audit
- delivering (and sometimes writing material for) training days
- liaising with client relationship managers and employers about apprentice progress
- working in collaboration with colleagues to best support apprentices
- managing your own diary and carefully planning your time and travel
- attending and occasionally leading team meetings and training sessions