Legal Secretary - Criminal
Job title: Criminal Legal Secretary
Our client requires a legal secretary to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Day to Day duties to include:
- Accurate and professional production from audio or copy typing of all legal correspondence and documentation
- Process legal documentation which may include collating and indexing court papers into bundles, arranging sealing of documents and proofreading
- Draft routine letters and documents under the direction of the fee earner
- Ensure all files are kept in order and are available at all times, originating new files and closing files as directed by the fee earner
- File and store, electronically and on file, all correspondence and documentation
- Cost files and draw up billing sheets
- Maintain the fee earner’s diary, chase progress of matters, assess urgency and priority of matters during the fee earner’s absence and operate a system for bringing forward files where action is required.
- Screen incoming communications ensuring items requiring attention are dealt with and accurate record and pass on all relevant information received by way of e-mail, notice or memo
- Make telephone calls to other parties on behalf of the fee earner in order to progress matters as necessary
- Deal with visitors to the office when the fee earner is not available
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Excellent client care and communication skills
- Experience of criminal legal secretarial work previously
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable and able to deal with people on all levels.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!