Job title: Legal Secretary
Salary: £Neg dependant on experience
Our client requires a legal secretary to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Day to Day duties to include:
- Accurate and professional production from audio or copy typing of all legal correspondence and documentation
- Process legal documentation which may include collating and indexing court papers into bundles, processing land registry applications, engrossing documents, copying, scheduling and indexing of deeds and documents, copying and colouring up plans, arranging sealing of documents and proofreading
- Draft routine letters and documents under the direction of the fee earner
- Ensure all files are kept in order and are available at all times, originating new files and closing files as directed by the fee earner
- File and store, electronically and on file, all correspondence and documentation
- Cost files and draw up billing sheets
- Maintain the fee earner’s diary, chase progress of matters, assess urgency and priority of matters during the fee earner’s absence and operate a system for bringing forward files where action is required.
- Screen incoming communications ensuring items requiring attention are dealt with and accurate record and pass on all relevant information received by way of e-mail, notice or memo
- Make telephone calls to other parties on behalf of the fee earner in order to progress matters as necessary
- Deal with visitors to the office when the fee earner is not available
- Obtain documents and information required from the internet and other sources
- Originate cheque requisitions for payments and ensuring that these are passed to the cashier for processing
- Ensure that details of training courses and conferences attended by the fee earner, together with details of training provided by her or him are communicated to the CPD records keeper
- Assist other secretaries with workloads when necessary
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Excellent client care and communication skills
- Experience of legal secretarial work previously
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable and able to deal with people on all levels.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!