Assistant Tax Manager
Assistant Tax Manager
Salary: £35,000+ DOE
Due to growth, our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Tax Manager to join their expanding Personal Tax team. The role is ideally suited to a dedicated candidate that can take ownership and responsibility of their workload, and work closely with both senior and junior members of the team.
As the team and business continue to growth, the role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to expand on their wider tax knowledge, with the potential to get involved with more complex advisory projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their personal tax returns and computations are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis.
- Work with the clients directly to understand the requirements, and identifying areas where more detailed advice may be required.
- Overseeing their annual compliance allocation, as well as being actively involved in ad hoc tax advice/queries.
- Reviewing work prepared by tax associates/trainees, and guiding/mentoring them to develop within the team.
- Identify opportunities for any additional services that clients may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Working with management to develop/improve internal processes to drive synergies within the team.
- Working with various internal departments (film tax, accounts, bookkeeping, business management etc) to deliver services to clients.
The Person Qualifications and skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of preparation and review of personal tax return and computations (any additional corporation tax experience would be helpful, but not essential).
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring time charges and budgets.
- Being able to research tax issues and use software/HMRC guidance.
- Any additional exposure to residency/domicile and international tax issues would be welcome.
- Company paid parking
- 21 days annual leave, increasing by 1 day for each completed year of service
- Company pension scheme