The position requires hands on approach, working as part of the maintenance team.
1. Plan, supervise and carry out emergency maintenance & preventative maintenance on forge hammers, power presses, upset forger's production machinery & all other plant and equipment when required.
Understanding of Hydraulic, Pneumatics and some Electrical systems.
2. Plan and supervise general building and infrastructure maintenance and repairs.
3. Update maintenance records and documentation, plant operating manuals.
4. Plan and supervise the day to day maintenance and repair of plant and equipment to ensure the smooth running of production.
5. Plan, supervise and carry out inspection of plant and equipment as required to meet internal safety, environmental and legislative standards.
6. Identify preventative maintenance requirements and develop and update the maintenance schedule to include improvements & modifications.
7. Adhere to Business Operating System Work Instructions (incl. Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality).
8. Work alongside sub-contractors and supervise where appropriate to ensure compliance with agreed standards and specifications.
9. Additionally liaise with sub-contractors who may work out of normal working hours.
10. Dealing with potentially environmental hazardous spillages (member of enviro team). Also managing and maintaining key environmental equipment.
11. Assist with any P C activity's as deemed appropriate.
12. Conduct Health & Safety and Environmental inventories as required.
13. Help Maintain stock of spare parts.
Secondary / backup responsibilities
1. General fork lift truck driving/overhead crane licences would be an advantage.
2. Assistance with fabrication processes as required (incl. welding) developing guards.
Objectives for this role
To be first point of contact for all breakdowns and consequently plan, prioritise and supervise the maintenance department workload.
Develop planned / preventive maintenance to reduce the amount of production downtime due to maintenance issues.
Ensure the maintenance department is maintained in a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
Able to cope with responsibilities & associated production pressure.
Educated in a suitable engineering discipline.
Able to demonstrate problem solving ability's.
A tidy and organised approach to work.
Prepared & competent to work safely.
Flexible approach to working hours, prepared to work overtime at short notice when required.
Able to use hand and power tools along with flame cutting and welding equipment.