HGV Workshop Technician
Duties: - Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with standard vehicle maintenance procedures.
- Work towards targets, quality standards and customer SLA's / KPI's as set by the workshop team leader.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicle and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with company and legislative requirement.
- Maintain effective communications with the Parts; Customer Care, Workshop Admin and Logistics teams to ensure that workflow is seamlessly maintained.
- Liaise with Workshop Team Leader to escalate urgent parts requirements, job delays, quality issues.
- Ensure that manufacturers warranty procedures are adhered to and processed promptly.
- Provide on the job support and guidance to apprentices as necessary.
- Comply with company and statutory safety rules whilst actively engaged in workshop activities.
- Support team members to ensure effective operation of the workshop as needed.
Essential; - Demonstrate excellent experience in light vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in forging relationships with key stakeholders including customers, suppliers and management.
- Possess excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent experience of industry and sector.
- Must be capable of administration, within a teamwork environment on behalf of Road Haulage Department.
- Customer and service focussed at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate a good personal character and integrity.
- Takes ownership of own tasks assigned.
- Smart, presentable appearance at all times.
- Ensure shift workload is completed to the correct standard.
- Ensure unplanned work is completed/resolved and progress information relayed to team leader.
- Ensure you keep up to date with the latest vehicle technology and changes and attend any training as required by the company.
- Class 1-2 HGV Licence
- Level 3 car maintenance qualification or equivalent (Experience more essential)
- Fully skilled HGV mechanic, through a recognised formal training programme.
- IT literate, with experience in the use of Transport accounting system.