Key Account Manager
Reporting to: Regional Sales Director – Southern Europe
Location: Rungis, France
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
> ABOUT US
XP Power is a global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business, based in numerous locations across North America, Asia and Europe, and are listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely proud and committed to our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for self-motivated professionals who thrive in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to make XP Power the first-choice power solutions provider delivering the ultimate experience for our customers and our people.
> THE OPPORTUNITY
The This role is to be responsible for supporting the existing account base and growing business in the Southern half of France. Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Director located in Paris, working closely with colleagues in Inside Sales. We expect you to be used to visit pro actively customers and comfortable building good relations with existing and new customers.
A technical degree in Electrical/Electronics is preferred. Willingness to learn and expand your technical capabilities through internal training is a must.
We are looking for a person with business drive and ambition to meet and exceed set targets and objectives. To develop business plans for your own set of customers to maximise the business. You will be responsible for incoming sales enquiries and expected to respond in a positive and speedily manner
> KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully understand and manage the existing accounts and prospects within your sales area and develop the customer base finding new projects and applications.
- Working with more experienced sales colleagues, identify the top 20 focus accounts within your sales area; these will be accounts that will have significant impact to the growth of your area
- Pro-actively visit new prospects, in line with agreed targets, all spending and non-spending accounts looking for new projects and increasing the business level within these accounts
- Deal with incoming sales enquiries positively and speedily and ensure they are taken as far as possible maximising the proportion of orders received
- Maximise margin contribution for each order by understanding both XP and customer costs and needs
- Maintain the Salesforce database to provide accurate Order & Revenue forecasts for each project within your sales area
- Support the quality systems activity for products through RMA (Returned Materials Authorisation) processes
- Generate quotations, updating SalesForce and other systems as required
> Key Qualifications and Skills
- College or University degree in technical discipline (ideally Electronic/ Electric engineering related) is desirable
- Significant experience of supporting with sales of a technical product range
- Knowledge of the Electronic B to B market in the South of France, including medical , telecom and railways customers and applications.
- Proven ability to absorb and apply technical understanding to support the sales process
- Knowledge of power supplies would be an advantage - but is not essential , experience in other areas as semiconductors, passive components could be a plus.
- Sales experience of 10 years minimum either through a manufacturer of a distributor of electronic devices.
- Keen to learn and hungry to succeed
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity with Office 365
- Experience of using CRM such as SalesForce or similar
- Highly organised with good level of attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to build good rapport with customer and colleagues
- Effective problem solver
- A good team player
> WHY WORK FOR US?
XP Power provides a safe and healthy working environment that is stimulating and collegiate, where employees are empowered to make a real difference. We place our people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that if we provide our people with the ultimate experience, they will provide the ultimate experience to our customers.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive base salary, plus sales commission
- Company car, mobile phone and iPad
> OUR PEOPLE – OUR POWER
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating an environment where people are valued, supported and nurtured to deliver their best. Operating globally, we celebrate the cultural differences that exist in the countries in which we do business. Being a truly diverse and inclusive community helps us grow our business through innovation; attracting and retaining talent to engage the people who buy our power solutions. We know that by cultivating the ultimate experience for all our people, they will deliver the same to our customers.