logistics Assistant Manager
Job Title: Logistics Assistant Manager
Working Hours: 40 hr week Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 16:30 Friday 8:00 - 16:30
(30 mins lunch 15 min am break)
Starting Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Salary Dependent on Experience)
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Receive products and coordinate delivery
- Prepare loads for shipment and the necessary documentation
- Make sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Continually review freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible
- Streamline shipping and transportation processes
- Book collections with freight forwards such as DPD, TNT, FedEx, DHL.
- Raise Certificates of Origin, Commercial Invoices and packing lists - attention to detail is vital
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Liaise with customers and inform them of tracking details. All communications to be logged through the CRM system (training provided).
- Prepare quotations for customers (weight, dimensions, advise suitable method of transport).
- Responsible for tracking of goods on route to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays.
- Maintain product commodity codes and weights on Sage 200.
- Raise purchase orders for packaging materials - weekly stock checks required.
- Raise purchase orders for all courier invoices and monitor costs.
- Liaise closely with shipping agents/schedule meetings/negotiate rates.
- Liaise with Production Supervisor on a daily basis attend production/Sales/ Logistics weekly meeting
- Assist in dispatch - packing
- Run monthly on time delivery reports (training provided)
- Organise Bi-Weekly shipments to the Ireland operation
- Import of records, accurate import file logs for HMRC
Essential Requirements, knowledge and skills
- Previous knowledge in arranging import/export shipments
- Knowledgeable of the latest Brexit shipping requirements
- Experience in shipping and packing containers
- Good use of Microsoft Excel
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Diligent attention to detail
- Follow procedures
- Professional appearance