Apprentice Construction Engineer - Redditch
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
Apprentice Construction Engineer
We are looking for Apprentice Construction Engineers who are looking to start an exciting career within Heavy Plant engineering.
Reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager, this role will allow you to develop and learn skills that will enable you to pave the way to a fulfilling career within the industry.
What is the purpose of the role?
Along with your ongoing college work and visits, your daily tasks will be:
- Working day to day as part of a close knit team in a workshop environment.
- Working on an extensive range of technologically advanced equipment gaining hands on practical experience with supervision.
- Gaining an understanding in the following:
- Major repair work.
- Components used.
- The importance of team working and communication skills.
- The benefits of working smart and planning and scheduling repair jobs.
- Workings of major components.
- Planning prior to disassembly.
- Internal inspections of disassembled components as per manufacture specification.
- The importance of back office support and the duties involved.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have an interest in heavy machinery.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Follow instructions.
- Be a team player.
- Want to develop a career within the industry.
- GSCE grade 4 (C) or above in Mathematics, English and Science
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training
- Professional training to support development
- Mentoring programme with senior managers