Sea & Air Freight Coordinator
SEA & AIR FREIGHT CO-ORDINATOR
0830 – 1730 Monday to Friday
Circa £25- 30,000 Dependent on experience plus Contributory Pension
Main function of the job
This position forms part of the existing Operations team and requires the jobholder to co-ordinate all of the Air Freight operations. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of each of the client requirements, calculating and negotiating AIR freight spot quotations and managing the freight bookings from collection through to final delivery. To build relationships with the Existing clients both over the telephone and face to face and deliver a high standard of customer care at all times. To meet with key suppliers to maintain the most advantageous rates. To help and support the other Operations team members in Road and Sea Freight bookings when necessary and to support the sales team with new business opportunities.
Duties of the role:
- Manage the day to day Sea & Air Freight operations.
- Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Sea & Air Freight jobs.
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through the FAST FREIGHT software system.
- Customs entries using the NES system.
- To be responsible for the daily checking of all Seafreight and Airfreight collections and deliveries and post flights and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Sea freight operations experience.
- Ideally Air freight experience but Sea is the preferred mode.
- Excellent customer service experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.