Senior / Manager Transport Planner
Our client currently have the following position available to work in there fast paced logistics operation in chilled food distribution.
This role would suit a candidate who is an experienced multi drop Senior Transport Planner in chilled distribution.
alternative weekends and a mixture of early and late shifts
The candidate will be an experienced multi drop transport planner in chilled distribution. You will be expected to take responsibility for the load sheets and planning routes, scheduling delivery times to meet our customer delivery times ensuring our customers receive a first class service.
You will be able to plan schedules in the most cost effective manner, have an excellent understanding of driver regulations and be able to demonstrate this managing drivers hours on a daily basis.
Key Skills Required;
- Leadership skills – can manage a team effectively
- Attention for detail
- Excellent geographical knowledge,
- Competent in Planning routes, scheduling delivery times to ensure a smooth running of the operation.
- Prioritising workloads
- Driver briefs and de-briefs
- Traffic Management
- Problem Solving
- Working on your own initiative
- Managing time and tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills
- Team Player who is self-motivated
Accurate Data inputting will also be required for our inhouse ordering system. An eye for detail, outgoing personality with good listening and communication skills are essential.
The candidate must have a minimum of
- Minimum of 5 years experience in chilled distribution with multi drops
- Office 365, MS word and Excel competent including formulas.
This is a fast paced and constantly changing environment. The candidate must be outgoing, think on their feet, with excellent communication skills,
Salary is dependent upon experience range £34,000 to £38,000