Maintenance Engineer - Heavy Plant
Maintenance Engineer – Heavy Plant
Our client based in Coventry have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the team at our Coventry site on a fixed term, full time basis.
Key Responsibilities of an Engineer:
- To provide support in relation to all maintenance tasks and projects being undertaken, including day to day breakdowns, PPM, equipment updates, new installations, and building/infrastructure upgrades.
- To provide knowledge and input into the continuous improvement of the plant, machinery, and maintenance activities.
- To undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager, repairing equipment in a safe and timely manner and ensuring that Production is constantly updated on progress.
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Electrical City & Guilds / NVQ to Level 3 coupled with experience in both Electrical and Mechanical trades, although an Electrical bias is preferred for this role.
- Electrical Installation Maintenance and Mechanical Fabrication/Maintenance experience. Electronic fault finding to component level is also a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), able to successfully work as part of a team
Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades: Apprenticeship with indentures preferred.
Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.