The Marubeni Digital Innovation Group (MDiG) are on a mission to support businesses on their digital journey by providing a complete range of construction site services together with the rental of digital equipment.
We offer the latest in GNSS and Machine Control equipment technology from the leading manufacturers to meet our customer needs. We also provide a variety of solutions for our customers from Job Site Setup, 3D Data and terrain mapping to delivering bespoke training courses focussing on engineer and machine operators.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and take part in the development of a brand that aims to be the UK market leader of digital innovation within the construction industry.
We are looking for an Application Engineer to:
- Provide technical support both internally and externally by telephone or on customer sites, for pre and post-sales activities of Komatsu Intelligent Machines, Topcon & Leica MC, survey rental products and Smart construction initiatives
- Provide support and training to End Users Customers
- Drive rental demand for Topcon & Leica products for the MDiG Rental team
- Assist the MDiG Rental team where required for technical backup on technology products
Reporting to the Head of Technology, this role is ideal for a candidate that has experience in a similar role.
What is the purpose of the role?
- To provide first line consultative and hands-on support for Komatsu iMC machines and Topcon aftermarket systems to Area Sales Managers and end-users, responding to requests for assistance from personal contact, telephone calls and e-mails.
- Support the MKL & MDiG sales team with technical demonstrations and presentations to prospective customers. Site visits will be required.
- Support the development, promotion and sales of MDiG Services
- Drive rental demand for MDiG offerings
- To undertake technical authoring as required.
- Establish process for tracking customer AE related issues and set KPI on time to resolve
- To provide training to MKL personnel as needed as well as end-users for Machine Control.
- To achieve agreed targets as specified.
- To utilise and maintain CRM system encompassing call planning, sales opportunities, market intelligence, competitive activity and forecasting
- Attendance and engagement in shows and exhibitions as and when required.
- To maintain close liaison with customers and other departments of MKL to ensure the promotion of exemplary customer service.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Degree in land surveying / civil engineering (or similar) or at least 3 years civil/earthworks experience.
- Knowledge of Trimble, Leica and Topcon machine control workflows.
- Technical aptitude, problem solving and proactive.
- An understanding of GNSS and GPS for earthworks and civil engineering.
- Well organised
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- Company Car