Branch Manager - Cardiff
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
We are looking for a Branch Manager for our Cardiff Depot to manage the total operation of the depot and maximise efficiency and profitability to achieve targets.
Reporting to the Head of Product Support, this role will involve liaising between customer and support services in a timely manner to provide excellent customer service. You will need to plan and budget to operation of the depot and adhere to the targets approved by the company.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Manage the performance of the teams to deliver revenue and service agreement sales and profitability targets
- Control work in progress (WIP) to within targets set.
- Approve and control the use of suppliers and sub-contractors in order to improve costs and standards of work and check invoices.
- Ensure utilisation of labour is in accordance with targets set and that service jobs are efficiently controlled.
- Ensure that claim settlement on warranty recovery equals job cost or is greater.
- Resolve all invoice disputes within 14 days; adhering to the authorisation levels set and using commercial common sense.
- Deal with any health and safety or environmental issues at the depot including those under RIDDOR and if necessary, report such issues to H&S Manager
- Promote good housekeeping practices at the depot to ensure a healthy and safe well-disciplined working environment.
- Make regular visits to customers as the representative of the company overseeing the depot operation.
- Liaise with other departments to prevent or solve disputes with customers
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Experience within the industry and knowledge of Komatsu products
- Experience of managing a field based and diverse team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience dealing with employee relation issues
- Good relationship builder
- Natural problem solver
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Company Car
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down