General Mechanical Engineer
Full-time, Monday - Friday, 39 hours + overtime
£12.00 - £15.00 per hour.
Following continued expansion, our client are looking to appoint a General Mechanical Engineer to join their team within a family owned, manufacturing organisation.
They design and manufacture using state of the art 3D CAD and CNC machine tools to produce bespoke work holding solutions including robotic welding fixtures, end of arm grippers, positioners and much more besides for automotive, aerospace, off-highway vehicles, white goods & food processing.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Deburring and finishing of precision machined items ready for assembly.
- Fit mechanical components as sub-assemblies through to assembly and fitting of final systems to high standards of finish and precision.
- Assemble and fit pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders, clamps and other equipment.
- Fit pneumatic pipe runs and build pneumatic control systems.
- Bend and fit steel hydraulic lines to hydraulic equipment and build hydraulic control systems, mounting control valves etc.
- Test functionality of systems.
- Carry out site installation of systems.
- Preferably from a toolmaking back ground.
- Mechanical fitting and assembly.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic fitting of bespoke equipment.
- Ability to work from detailed assembly and component drawings.
- On-site installation of equipment.
- Workshop related Health & Safety requirements.
- Team player with the drive to work on own initiative
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.