BRIEF DECRIPTION: Leading & facilitating the introduction of new processes, equipment and production of products (new & existing)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for delivery of new or changed products from concept to launch within the agreed critical path and with the right quality standards.
· Liaise with procurement and packaging buyers to ensure all new raw materials are procured and are fit for purpose.
· Translation of concepts into viable reproducible manufactured products.
· Transfer of product file to the spec technologist for effective spec writing
· Submitting products for micro analysis and determining shelf life together with technical department
· Completion of organoleptic data for every product trial.
· Completing all factory documentation to enable consistent manufacture of products.
· Co-ordinating & leading all factory trials
· Completing Quality Standards for all new products
· Organising and leading product gate seals
· Organising & facilitating transit trials
· Confirming and validating cooking instructions
· Working on continuous improvement opportunities for all manufactured products.
· Sign off artwork against pack copies
· Troubleshooting and resolving product/technical issues within the manufacturing environment.
· Assisting with documentation such as process flows, SOPs, specifications and quality standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURABLES
· Effective co-ordination and management of all factory trials
· Handover of reproducible products to production
· Delivering against the given critical path
· Establish quality standards for product that are achievable throughout manufacture.
· Determining optimum shelf life for products