Assembly & Test Engineer
Assembly and Test Engineer
Mon - Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm
Friday 8.00am to 1.00pm.
39 hours per week + Overtime.
Negotiable on experience, C. £16-£18 ph / £32,500 - £36,500 pa
To assemble and test gas and hydraulic products and operate machines and associated equipment at lowest operating cost consistent with quality and health and safety requirements. To achieve these objectives by operating to instructions and ensuring the most efficient operation of existing and new facilities, machines.
Produce a high level of product specification and quality. Ensure self and colleagues work efficiently and safely.
1) Assist in developing methods and operate machinery and equipment in line with process method specifications and machine setting, operating and routine maintenance requirements to achieve production schedules within specified times and with minimum down time.
2) Operate equipment so that material is processed to target quality standards ensuring equipment and tooling operating conditions are maintained and product material is only processed when in suitable condition.
3) Ensure tooling, machinery and associated equipment is all maintained in best possible condition to allow maximum safety and long term effectiveness.
4) Assist in recording of output, machine parameters and efficiency records.
5) Train new operators to raise the competence levels of our employees to improve efficiency and flexibility.
6) Assist in documenting all existing and new methods, programmes and times.
7) Assist the Works Manager in rearrangements, new installations and refurbishments.
8) Assist in developing new methods, routes and production standards, ensuring engineering, production and quality standards are met.
9) Operate safety awareness programmes and adhere to safe practices above minimum legal requirements.
10) Enforce top level house-keeping and cleanliness rules within all internal and external areas.
11) Ensure Factory and equipment is secure at all times and assist in shutting down and locking up when required.
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.