Position: Materials Co-ordinator / Construction Buyer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20 - 22K D.O.E.
Ferris UK Ltd are Building Restoration Specialists working within insurance claim repairs.
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Co-ordinator /
Construction Buyer to work within our office based in Redditch.
We pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking company that encourages career
development and progression. We believe every member of our team plays an integral part
in the success and continuous growth of the company. With a focused yet enjoyable office
atmosphere, we are committed to creating a positive, open workplace for our team to learn
The Role – Materials Co-ordinator / Construction Buyer
The role is varied, with the opportunity to develop your skills within the industry. This
includes but is not limited to:
● Working closely with Customers and Project Managers to obtain material choices for
● Working closely with the Accounts Manager to process invoices and credit notes.
● Raising purchase orders
● Ordering materials for jobs and scheduling deliveries.
● Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and wholesalers.
● Maintaining relevant databases as required.
● Working to strict SLA’s.
● Regularly checking stores to keep track of materials collected.
● Arranging returns.
● Ensure the registering, issuing, scanning and filing of documents.
● General office duties.
The Ideal Candidate – Materials Co-ordinator / Construction Buyer
The ideal applicant would have experience in either a building merchant or logistics
background who has good industry knowledge. The ideal candidate will be somebody
organised, eager to learn with good numeracy skills.
Attributes we are looking for:
● Must have relevant experience within logistics.
● Previous administration experience within a construction environment would be
● Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
● Must be competent in Maths, preferably a B grade GCSE.
● Tidy and presentable appearance.
● Experience working within the insurance industry would be an advantage.
● Must have the ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team.