Job Title Material Handler
Line Manager: Laser Supervisor
Main Purposes: Reporting to the Laser Supervisor, you will work as part a team to handle materials in a safe and efficient manner within our weld halls. You will be responsible for creating a seamless flow of materials to Production.
Main Duties (including supervisory and direct responsibilities):
• You will be responsible for ensuring that Material Receipt, Stock Control, Material Movement and Logistic Processes are followed in line with SOP's.
• The materials being large sheets of metal.
• Implement and maintain receipt, storage, material handling and logistic processes.
• Maintain a high level of Stock control.
• Work on department continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive down the Cost of Goods.
• Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping and organisation within the Warehouse areas using lean and 5S principles and techniques.
• Effective communication at all levels and across functions
• Complete all paperwork (job pack) correctly and feedback any relevant information that will increase productivity or reduce future errors.
Any other duties consistent with the role.
Other Responsibilities: To work in a safe and efficient manner providing support to your colleagues.
Keep work area tidy and free from hazards.
Always wear the correct PPE.
Raise any concerns with your Line Manager.
To ensure that any relevant notes are added to the job pack.
Personal Qualities, Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements: Sheet metal experience (aluminium & stainless steel)
Organised, resilient, energetic, proactive, and results driven.
Ability to read engineering drawings.
Good attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Good time management.
Manufacturing Workforce is responsible for placing skilled and in-demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants all have an in-depth understanding of your skills to offer best advice on your next step!
We are always searching for the best talent so if you, or someone you know, fits the bill why not get in touch with a member of our professional team who will be more than happy to help?