Transport Administrator / Planner
Our client is looking for a highly organized transport planner / administrator to aid our transport department. You will be carrying out administrative duties within the transport office, taking on planning responsibilities and providing customer services. Experience of Tachograph & WTD laws is beneficial, and a general knowledge of UK geography, road haulage / pallet networks essential.
The hours will be shift based: 0700 to 1600 & 1000 to 1900
Transport Administrator / Planner Responsibilities:
- Processing bookings, invoices, and entering costs on an in house system
- Booking in collections / deliveries to & from customers, as well as booking freight into our warehouse
- POD monitoring for all drivers / sub-contractors
- Producing KPI reports
- Monitoring drivers tachograph infringements
- Liaising with drivers to ensure customers & managers are kept up to date with drivers progress on a daily basis
- Handling customer queries and escalating serious complaints to management
- Holiday cover on planning desk
Transport Administrator / Planner Requirements:
- At least 2 years experience as a transportation administrator and / or planner
- UK Geographical knowledge essential
- Experience in processing orders, costs and PODs.
- Knowledge of Working Time Directive, Tachograph laws & transport compliance
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Very good communication skills both internally & externally
- Problem solving and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work alone, manage the workload and be able to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.