Field Service Technician
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
Field Service Technician
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to provide technical support and training to our service engineers and workshop engineers.
Reporting to the Cardiff Branch Manager this role is ideal for an experienced Heavy Plant engineer who is looking to take on additional responsibilities and help train and develop the team.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Offer technical support to other engineers in the field, either over the phone or during live breakdown situations.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Produce and deliver up to date product knowledge and technical training courses to field service engineers through effective training.
- Attend customer sites to carry our scheduled servicing and repairs within manufacturer’s recommendations of heavy plant machinery.
- Attend customer sites to carry out field campaigns within manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensure work is carried out to a high standard whilst following health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that service reports, time sheets and other paperwork is correct and submitted on time.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- High level of technical ability.
- Ability to mentor and train engineers.
- Experience of repairing construction equipment.
- NVQ Level 3 in Plant maintenance or equivalent.
- Self motivated
- Team player.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Company Van