Service Charge Accountant
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, and competent Service Charge Accountant to join our clients talented Property Management team. This position may also suit an accountant within practice who is interested in developing their knowledge and enhancing their career.
Reporting to the department Manager you will be responsible for preparing service charge accounts for properties on behalf of national clients and providing an effective service on all advisory and compliance issues.
Also dealing with smaller independent landlords.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Preparing service charge accounts from accounting information and making and checking year-end adjustments, reviewing costs to budget and variance analysis etc.
- Preparing and processing audit planning where necessary.
- Reviewing service charge accounts.
- Understanding the industry specific legislation that impacts on the preparation of service charge accounts and their presentation.
- Reviewing leases for properties and advising agents if we consider an audit is necessary and looking for any unusual clauses.
- Reconciling handovers of properties between managing agents.
- Communicating on a daily basis and building a rapport with agent’s service charge accountants and replying to queries and requesting information, mostly by email and sometimes telephone.
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and delegated financial responsibilities.
- A little day to day administration in relation to billing and keeping systems updated.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a service charge setting although not essential
- Good working knowledge of the legal processes relating to leasehold and service charges in general
- Excellent time management skills
- Accounting knowledge
- Analytical skill
- It is essential you can demonstrate experience within an accountancy practice and a strong desire to further your career in this field
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy and a methodical approach to tasks
- Sound computer skills and good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly excel
- Working knowledge of CCH
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.