Job Title: Transport Planner
Shift: Monday – Friday 10:00 -19:00
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
You will be joining a growing team as a Transport Planner, you will hold a critical role within the business as you will be responsible for physically planning routes for a 70+ fleet to ensure that loads are delivered in the most time and cost-efficient manner.
The right person for this role will be an experienced Transport Planner with demonstrable experience in a similar role. You will have excellent knowledge of transport compliance and understand the critical issues which could be experienced from a planner and driver perspective. Strong IT skills are also required.
As a Transport Planner you will be responsible for:
- Route planning full and part load deliveries and collections UK wide
- Arrange and plan backloads
- Briefing and debriefing drivers
- Monitoring driver performance, reviewing to find most efficient route
- Ensure customer KPI's are met and maintained
- Deal with customer queries and communication
- Co-ordinating documentation
- Monitor WTD
- Experience in route planning for HGV’s
- General haulage experience
- Previous experience as a Transport Planner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.