Sheet Metal Estimator
Estimator (Sheet Metal Fabrications)
Negotiable, C. £25,000 per annum
Monday - Thursday 07.30am - 16.45pm
Friday 07.30am - 12.30pm
Main purpose/function of job:
• Responsible for executing high-quality accurate detailed cost estimates in the Estimating department.
• Understanding the clients' needs and meeting their expectations.
Main Duties (including supervisory and task responsibilities):
• Costing and preparation of bespoke fabrication quotations
• Accurately and efficiently compile customer quotes, in an effective and timely manner.
• Communicate with customer regarding any specific requirements and ensure that any communication with the customer is documented.
• Source external prices from suppliers where necessary.
• Be the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
• Respond to questions and queries both internally and from our customers
• Support Sales/Marketing team by communicating with customers when directed to do so.
• Any other duties commensurate with the post.
Personal Qualities, Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Experience within the Sheet Metal / Fabrication industry is essential.
• Be able to prepare and issue RFQ packages and analyse returned quotations from a commercial and technical viewpoint.
• Good contractual acumen and experienced in the production of fixed price, target cost and reimbursable estimates
• Organised, resilient, energetic, proactive, and results driven.
• Good arithmetic & computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Trutops Fab
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Clear communicator with good influencing and motivational skills